Which allergy treatment is right for you?
- The primary treatment for allergies is avoidance. Skin testing may identify what you are allergic to and guide strategies to reduce exposure and symptoms.
- Medications can provide temporary relief of symptoms.
- Immunotherapy provides more long term improvement. Small amounts of an allergen (the substance you are allergic to) are introduced into the body. The immune system adapts with less symptoms over time. This may be administered via a shot, drop or tablet.
Advantages of immunotherapy (desensitization):
- Less allergy symptoms.
- Less allergy medications.
- Long term improvement.
- Prevention of new allergies and asthma.
|Throughout the year||meds||shots||shots|